You may have come across the following error in your browser: "The site can't be reached. www.filefactory.com took too long to respond." This means there is a connection issue between your device and our website.
Here are some suggestions on how to resolve this:
- If you are running Windows, you can see where the break is by going to a command shell and typing...
If there are more than 2-3 hops (host names and/or IP addresses) in the trace but it fails to reach the site then the network issue is upstream from you.
- On Windows, another thing you could try is to close ALL browser windows (has to be ALL of them), then go to a command prompt and type...
Sometimes DNS caches (different than browser caches) can get corrupt and that command will flush the cache on Windows computers, but it will skip any DNS entries currently in use so all browsers windows/tabs must be closed. More information on how to clear your DNS.
- From your hard-drive, open the Applications folder, and click to open the Utilities folder.
- Double-click Terminal.
- and then hit Enter. Traceroute will tell you how many routers your packets travel through, and how long it takes for them to travel between routers. If the routers have DNS entries, traceroute will list the names of the routers as well as their network affiliation and geographic location.
- Check for times between hops that are greater than 200 ms or that return asterisks *** which indicate that your request has timed out.
- Copy and paste your results and send them along to us if you think there is something which we should investigate.
- Try clearing your DNS.
Need more help?
If none of the above help resolve your issues, please contact us with the following information:
- The name of your Internet Service Provider
- Your country and region (for example, San Francisco USA)
- Your connection type (Cable or DSL etc)
- Your IP address from a service such as https://whatismyipaddress.com/